According to Wikipedia.org:
Southern Louisiana Water provides cost-effective industrial deionized water solutions.Many industries require high purity water to meet production and regulatory demands.
Here are just a few areas where we can be of service:
- Lab-grade & Medical-grade water
Deionized water, also known as demineralized water (DI water, DIW or de-ionized water), is water that has had its mineral ions removed, such as cations from sodium, calcium, iron, copper and anions such as chloride and bromide. Deionization is a physical process which uses specially-manufactured ion exchange resins which bind to and filter out the mineral salts from water. Because the majority of water impurities are dissolved salts, deionization produces a high purity water that is generally similar to distilled water, and this process is quick and without scale buildup.
Service Deionization, also referred to as “Portable Exchange Deionization”, uses tanks containing deionization resin plumbed into your process with flexible connectors and exchanged upon exhaustion by tanks regenerated at a Culligan Service Center. Read our Deionization Tank Guide by clicking here.
Advantages of Deionized Water Tank Exchange Service include:
- No chemicals or hazardous waste; Unlike Reverse Osmosis and other technologies that have waste water or use chemicals to improve water quality, Deionized Water Tank Exchange produces no waste and requires no chemicals. Which means you won’t need hazardous chemical training from OSHA.
- Elimination of maintenance costs. Culligan exchanges exhausted tanks as required.
- No capex or up-front investment. You pay per exchange or per thousand gallons of DI water you use.
- Flexibility to meet varying flow requirements and water quality. Flows from 0.5 gpm to 500 gpm and quality from 50,000 ohm-cm to 18,000,000 ohm-cm.