To find out what’s in your water, contact us today for a free water test! Common problems with water, in some cases are symptoms that may indicate a serious problem — in others, only the taste and smell (aesthetics) may be affected, not its safety.
Sense of Feeling
- Soap scum in sinks & bathtub.
- Abrasive texture to water when washing
- Residual left in sink.
Sense of Smell
- Musty, earthy or wood smell.
- Chlorine smell.
- Rotten egg sulfur odor.
- Hot water, rotten egg odor.
- Detergent odor, water foams when drawn.
- Gasoline or oil (hydro-carbon) smell.
- Methane gas.
- Phenol smell (chemical odor).
Sense of Taste
- Salty or brackish water
- Alkali taste.
- Metallic taste.
Sense of Sight
- Dirt, salt, clay.
- Sand grit, silt or clay substances.
- Rust in water.
- Gray string-like fiber.
- Green stains on sinks. Blue-green look to water.
- Brown-red stains on sinks or clothing. Water turns
- Brown-red when used for cooking.
- Brownish cast does not precipitate.
- Reddish color in water sample after standing 24 hours.
- Yellowish color to water after softening and/or filtering.
- Cloudiness of water when drawn.
- Blackening and pitting of stainless steel sinks